Generally speaking, obtaining a Divorce in Australia is relatively simple, provided that the following criteria are met:
1. That you or your ex live in Australia and have done so for the past 12 months or you or your partner is a an Australian Citizenship by birth or grant of citizenship;
2. That you were in fact married and this can be proved by a marriage certificate ;
3. That your marriage has irretrievably broken down and there is no likelihood of resumption of cohabitation and you have been separated for 12 months;
4. That if there are children from the marriage, then the children are cared for and maintained
5. That service has been effected and that the other party has been given notice of the Divorce application.
Occasionally people encounter difficulties with their divorce application and this post specifically addresses the problem of service and in particular where one party lives overseas and there is no Australian address provided on the Divorce Application.